General Return Policy
- For us to stay competitive, offer the best service and the lowest price, we follow our return policy strictly and do not make any exceptions. EXcaliberPC.com does not offer a money-back guarantee on any product. Shipping is non-refundable under all circumstances, an exception may be made if EXcaliberPC.com made an error in the entering the address or shipping method, but only for an adjustment.
- All returns are subject to a 15% restocking fee based on the current selling price or sale price on invoice, which ever is lower.
- All returns will be tested. Return for replacement found to be non-defective will result in a handling fee of $25. Customers agree that they will abide by the findings of our technical support department.
- Customers agree to report lost or damaged shipping claims to EXcaliberPC.com within 48 hours of receiving the shipment. Failure to do so results in the forfeiture of any possible remedy from EXcaliberPC.com.
- There are NO STORE RETURNS for retail boxed processors, printers, CRTs and LCDs for repair or refund. Customers agree that these items can only be returned to manufacturers for replacement/repair except in cases of shipping wrong item or clear shipping damage. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- In general, the period for credit and replacement of allowable items are 45 days except as noted.
- Past the 45 days, contact the manufacturer for warranty replacement/repair. For items that manufacturer will not warranty directly, there will be a $20 handling fee to cover the shipping and handling. Please provide a check or credit card information with the returned package along with a letter request the service. Repairs can take anywhere from a few weeks to 2 month. Please make arrangement accordingly.
- EXcaliberPC.com does not offer advanced replacement.
- Customers must pay for return shipping on all returns, including DOA product.
The quickest way for us to be able to handle a return for you is for you to accept delivery and then contact us about sending the item back. When you follow this procedure we can credit your account in just a few days. If you refuse shipment the product goes back to the delivery company and might not get back to us for 2 or 3 weeks. We cannot process your return until we receive the product.
If you refuse shipment, your shipping will still not be refunded, it will only delay your credit for your purchase. On all shipments to customers, we incur shipping and handling costs. Of course, if the shipment is a result of an EXcaliberPC.com error, we will issue a credit for all shipping and handling fees, and the product once it is returned to EXcaliberPC.com. If through no fault of EXcaliberPC.com the shipment is refused, we will charge your account these outbound shipping and handling fees to recover the expenses we incurred. We also reserve the right to impose a 15% restocking fee.
Hardware and Software
We will accept returns for credit or exchange within 45 days of the shipment date. You can see what day is shipped by checking your account information.
Software is non-returnable once you have opened the package, if it has a defective CD, we will replace it with the same exact title only. We do not guarantee that you will like the software you purchase or that it is compatible with your system, so please contact the publisher if you have questions before you buy.Hardware:
If you have received an item and you think it is defective, please contact the technical support department at the manufacturer before you call us for an RMA number. More than 90% of our returns turn out to be working after our technicians tested them. We do not guarantee against incompatibility since we do not know your system configuration so please check with the manufacturer to find out if the product you want will work with your system. You also need to make sure you have the appropriate bus/slot/port for the item you are purchasing. If we receive an item that is tested to be non-defective, we will return the same item back to the customer after the $25 handling fee is paid.Printers:
Printers, whether working or defective, are non-returnable/non-exchangeable once the cartridges are opened and/or installed. We only sell full retail versions of printers that can be returned directly to the manufacturer for warranty service.Processors and Memory Modules:
Due to the daily fluctuation in prices for these items, refunds are based on the current selling price of the item purchased or the invoice price, whichever is lower. Eg. If you buy a Processor that is $700 and after 2 days you want to return it for a refund, but the selling price that day is only $600, then you will be refunded $600 minus 15% restocking fee. Companies that do not have this policy typically charge more for the product to absorb the loss they incur if a customer returns a CPU or memory module after a price drop.
No returns will be accepted without a return authorization number (RMA number). To request for one, please log into your account and click on the RMA button for the order you would like to return. No RMA number will be given over the phone or email. All returns must be received within the 45 days of RMA approval date. Your RMA# for CREDIT is valid until the 45 days return period is up, and your RMA# for exchange/repair is also valid for 45 days. Make sure the RMA number appears clearly on the shipping label of the return shipment, and include a copy of your original invoice as well as a brief statement of the problem or instructions as to whether it is a credit return or exchange. You can check your rma status online by logging into your account or by emailing sales@EXcaliberPC.com.
In the case of any product(s) returned for any reason, the returned item(s) must be 100% complete, in original and re-salable condition, with all packaging, manuals, registration card(s), accessories and software. We reserve the right to refuse a return on any product that does not meet these requirements.
Shipping and Handling Fees are not refundable, with the exception of orders incorrectly shipped by EXcaliberPC.com.