500GB Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" SATA SSD
In StockNew5 Year
Samsung 860 EVO
The SSD to trust
The newest edition to the world’s best-selling* SATA SSD series, the Samsung 860 EVO. Specially designed for mainstream PCs and laptops, with the latest V-NAND and a robust algorithm-based controller, this fast and reliable SSD comes in a wide range of compatible form factors and capacities.
* Sources: NPD (US data from Jan. 2015 to Oct. 2017) and GfK (EU5 data from Jan. 2015 to Sep. 2017, China data from Jan. 2016 to Sep. 2017)
Speeds are more consistent, even with heavy workloads and multi-tasks. The 860 EVO performs at sequential writes up to 520 MB/s* with Intelligent TurboWrite technology, and sequential reads up to 550 MB/s. The TurboWrite buffer size* is upgraded from 12 GB to 78 GB for faster file transfer.
* Performance may vary based on SSD’s firmware version and system hardware & configuration. Sequential write performance measurements are based on Intelligent TurboWrite technology. Sequential performance measurements based on CrystalDiskMark v.5.0.2 and IOmeter 1.1.0. The sequential write performances after Intelligent TurboWrite region are 300 MB/s for 250/500 GB and 500 MB/s for 1 TB.
* Test system configuration: Intel Core i5-3550 CPU @ 3.3 GHz, DDR3 1333 MHz 4 GB, OS – Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Chipset: ASUS P8H77-V
* The TurboWrite buffer size varies based on the capacity of the SSD; 12 GB for 250 GB model, 22 GB for 500 GB model, 42 GB for 1 TB model and 78 GB for 2/4 TB. For more information on the TurboWrite, please visit www.samsungssd.com.
Safely store and render large sized 4K videos and 3D data used by the latest applications, up to 8x higher TBW (Terabytes Written)* than the previous 850 EVO. The latest V-NAND technology gives you up to 2,400 TBW, or is backed by a 5-year limited warranty.*
* Warrantied TBW for 860 EVO: 150 TBW for 250 GB model, 300 TBW for 500 GB model, 600 TBW for 1 TB model, 1,200 TBW for 2 TB model and 2,400 TBW for 4 TB model.
* 5-years or TBW, whichever comes first. For more information on the warranty, please find the enclosed warranty statement in the package
Benefit from faster, more fluid communication with your host system. The refined ECC* algorithm and a new MJX controller generate higher speeds, and the improved queued trim enhances Linux compatibility. Our advanced engineering makes the 860 EVO more compatible with your computing system.
Multi form factors
Whatever size your computer needs, there is an 860 EVO for you. Choose among the 2.5-inch size for desktop PCs and laptops, and the SATA-based M.2 (2280) or the mSATA for ultra-slim computing devices.
- Management software
Samsung Magician software is designed to help you manage your SSD with a simple and intuitive user interface.
- Firmware update
Get notifications when new firmware is released, and easily install updates for enhanced performance, stability, and compatibility.
- Performance benchmark
Check your SSD's sequential and random read/write speeds, so you can maintain superb performance.
- Data security
Protect data by selecting security options. The 860 EVO supports AES 256-bit hardware-based encryption and is compliant with TCG Opal and IEEE 1667.
|Highlights||Samsung 860 EVO MZ-76E500BW Internal Solid State Drive (SSD), 2.5" Form Factor, 500GB Capacity, SATA III (6Gb/s) Interface, Samsung MJX Controller, Samsung V-NAND 3bit MLC Storage Memory, Samsung 512 MB Low Power DDR4 SDRAM SDRAM Cache Memory, 1.5 Million Hours Reliability (MTBF).|
|Usage Application||Client PCs|
|Capacity||250 GB ( 1 GB=1 Billionbyte by IDEMA )|
|Interface||SATA 6Gb/s (compatible with SATA 3Gb/s & SATA 1.5Gb/s)|
|Dimension||100 x 69.85 x 6.8 (mm) (WxHxD)|
|Form factor||2.5 inch|
|Storage Memory||Samsung V-NAND 3bit MLC|
|Controller||Samsung MJX Controller|
|Cache Memory||512 MB Low Power DDR4 SDRAM|
|Software||Magician Software for SSD management|
|Performance||Sequential Read: Max. 550 MB/s|
Sequential Write: 520 MB/s
4KB Random Read (QD1): Max. 10,000 IOPS
4KB Random Write (QD1): Max. 42,000 IOPS
4KB Random Read (QD32): Max. 98,000 IOPS
4KB Random Write (QD32): Max. 90,000 IOPS
|Encryption Support||AES 256-bit Encryption (Class 0) TCG/Opal IEEE1667 (Encrypted drive)|
|GC (Garbage Collection)||Auto Garbage Collection Algorithm|
|Device Sleep Mode Support||Yes|
|Reliability||1.5 Million Hours Reliability|
|Average Power Consumption (system level)||Average 2.5 W|
Maximum 4.0 W
|Power consumption (Idle)||Max. 50mW|
|Operating Temperature||Reliability : 0°C to 70°C|
Non-Operating : -45°C to 85°C
|Shock||1,500 G & 0.5 ms (Half sine)|
|Warranty||5 Year Limited Warranty or 300 TBW Limited Warranty|