Seagate Enterprise NAS HDD ST6000VN0001 6TB 3.5" SATA 6Gb / s Hard Drive
Not In StockNew5 Year
Up to 6TB of Reliability and Performance
Designed to combine up to 6TB of industry-leading capacity with reliability and performance for SMB and private cloud NAS and RAID storage systems with 4 -16 bays.
- NAS-optimized performance for higher write workloads often reflected in NAS applications
- RAID Rebuild technology speeds up time-consuming complete RAID rebuilds
- Specifically designed to minimize rotational vibration (RV) effects typically found in multi-drive solutions, improving system performance and reliability
- Extended error recovery controls help to ensure drives comply with NAS system requirements for better data integrity
- 5 Year Limited Warranty so you can rest easy with your drive choice
- Try buying Enterprise NAS HDD with Seagate Rescue Recovery Service Option for 360 degree data protection
Video SMB Elevates Business with NAS
Aspen 82's production needs are anything but small-town. With having to capture, edit, manage, and archive ever more terabytes of footage, content was an avalanche slowly burying the little company.
In short, Aspen 82 faced four critical problems:
- Storage capacity pushed the edge of available capacity.
- Existing storage architecture made editing a painful, inefficient process.
- The first two factors led to asset sprawl, with archived content spread across too many drives, often becoming lost.
- Amidst this storage chaos, Aspen 82 faced outsized risk of disaster.
Industry-leading Drive Capacity
With up to 6TB of capacity, the high-performance Enterprise NAS HDD is available in a single NAS drive, helping to lower the total cost of ownership by using fewer drives and rackmount systems.
Maximized Reliability for Your Critical Data
Reliability has never been more important to your business. The Enterprise NAS HDD has more reliability features and options that help to ensure your data is safe.
- RAID Rebuild technology mitigates time-consuming complete RAID rebuilds
- Optimized algorithms help to ensure a high overall NAS performance in rackmount solutions
- Optional 5-year +Rescue Data Recovery Service plan can help protect against data loss
- 1.2 million hours MTBF for medium-sized NAS and private cloud workloads
Because Business As Usual Never Really Is
Enterprise NAS HDDs are engineered for demanding mid-range enterprise environments, but there are times when the unimaginable can happen to anyone. With Seagate +Rescue Data Recovery Service coverage on your rack-mount or tower NAS, you can have peace of mind if something happens to your business data.*
Data Recovery Services can save the day in the following situations:
- RAID controller failure
- Lost RAID configuration
- Accidental reconfiguration
- Accidental re-initialization- of the RAID array
- Power surge causes multiple drive failures simultaneously
- Missing RAID partitions
- Reformatted RAID partitions
- Virus damage
- Rescue Data Recovery Plans are available for 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6TB capacities. Most data is recovered either in-lab or remote access within 15 business days or less with a nearly 90% success rate.
Seriously Robust Performance
NAS environments demand a unique combination of performance and reliability. Designed for performance with workgroups of more than 25 users, the Enterprise NAS HDD includes:
- Higher write workloads for NAS-optimized performance
- 128MB cache for higher random performance
- RV sensor for drive head control and vibration control
- 3D motor balancing for optimum performance in multi-drive solutions
Best-Fit Enterprise NAS Applications
Global business ecosystems require data agility for collaboration. Ideal for environments that require 24×7 availability and accessibility, the Enterprise NAS HDD is designed to manage aggressive workloads in enterprise environments.
- Backup and disaster recovery
- Multi-media server and storage
- Archiving and cloud replication
- Virtualization storage
- Remote access
- On-premise private cloud
- Tiered storage
- Hybrid cloud
Rackmount, tower and private cloud NAS solutions in mid-range environments with up to 16-bay rackmount enclosures.
General Brand Seagate Series Enterprise NAS HDD Model ST6000VN0001 Highlights Seagate Enterprise NAS HDD ST6000VN0001 Hard Drive, 3.5" Form Factor, 6TB Capacity, 128MB Cache, 7200RPM, SATA 6Gb/s Interface, 1.2M hours Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF). Features RV Sensors Yes 5-Year Option with +Rescue Model only Yes Humidity Sensor Yes Super Parity Yes Low Halogen Yes AcuTrac Technology Yes Power Balance Technology Yes Hot-Plug Support Yes Cache, Multisegmented 128MB Reliability/Data Integrity Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF) 1.2M hours Reliability Rating @ Full 24x7 Operation (AFR) 0.63% Nonrecoverable Read Errors per Bits Read 1 sector per 10E15 Power-On Hours per Year 8760 (24x7) Sector Size (Bytes per Logical Sector) 512/4096 Limited Warranty 5 years Performance Spindle Speed 7200 RPM Interface Access Speed 6.0 Gb/s, 3.0 Gb/s, 1.5 Gb/s, Max. Sustained Transfer Rate OD 216 MB/s Average Latency 4.16 ms Interface Ports Single Rotation Vibration @ 1500 Hz (rad/s²) 12.5 Power Consumption Startup Current, Average (12V, A) 1.8A Idle Power, Average 6.0W Operating Mode, Typical 6.7W Standby/Sleep Mode, Typical 0.6W Power Supply Requirements +12V and +5V Environmental Temperature, Operating 5°C to 60°C Vibration, Nonoperating: 10Hz to 500Hz 5.0 Grms Shock, Operating, 2ms (Read/Write) 70/40 Gs Shock, Nonoperating, 1ms and 2ms 300 Gs Physical Height (in/mm, max) 1.028/26.1 Width (in/mm, max) 4.010/101.85 Depth (in/mm, max) 5.878/147.0 Weight (g/lb) 1.720/780 Carton Unit Quantity 20 Cartons per Pallet 40 Cartons per Layer 8