Synology RS3614RPxs 12-bay RackStation NAS w / Redundant Power Supplies
In StockNew5 Year
- Drive Bay(s)
- 4-Bay (Rackmount)12-Bay (Rackmount)
- Dual Core 2.13 GHz (Atom D2700)Quad Core 2.4 GHz (Atom C2538)Dual Core 3.4 GHz (Core i3-4130)Quad Core 3.3 GHz (Xeon E3-1230 v2)
- Quad Gigabit LAN (Link Aggregation / Failover Support)
- PCIe x8 Slot(s) for 10GbE Network Card
- Power Protection
- NoneRedundant Power Supply
Optimal Performance and Reliability for Distributed Enterprises
Synology RackStation RS3614RPxs provides the reliable and ultra-high performance network attached storage solution for large scale businesses that require an efficient way to centralize data protection, simplify data management, deploy virtualization solutions, and rapidly expand storage capacity with minimal time spent on setup and maintenance. Synology RS3614RPxs is backed with Synology's 5-year limited warranty.
- Ultra-high performance of 3,518 MB/s throughput and 282,660 IOPS *1)
- Scale up to 216TB with Synology RX1214RP *2)
- Quad 10GbE support with Dual PCIe slots
- Expandable ECC RAM module (up to 32GB)
- SATA III 6Gb/s interface support
- SSD Cache Technology boosts throughput
- High Availability and Disaster Recovery solutions
- Backed with next business day replacement service *3)
- VMware, Citrix, and Microsoft Hyper-V certified
- Redundant Power Supply Unit (RS3614RPxs only)
- Running on Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM)
RS3614RPxs delivers ultra-high performance at 3,518 MB/s throughput and 282,660 IOPS under RAID 5 configuration with VLAN *1). Through advanced flash technology, the combination of hard drives and read/write-optimized SSD cache boosts throughput efficiently while minimizing cost per gigabyte. In addition, RS3614RPxs comes with native SATA III 6Gb/s support that unleashes the full potential of blazing fast SSDs, ensuring the optimum data process under heavy system loading.
In addition to default 4 Gigabit ports, RS3614RPxs comes with dual PCI Express Gen3 x8 slots, allowing installation of dual 10GbE Network Interface Cards (NIC) for maximized bandwidth, bringing you the superior performance that data-intensive applications demand of your storage system.
Equipped with 4GB RAM and up to 32GB ECC RAM expansion support, RS3614RPxs ensures data accuracy as well as ultra-high performance to provide a rigorous foundation for the mission-critical tasks of your business.
With 12 HDD trays and up to 216TB of total storage capacity *2), RS3614RPxs is designed to grow with businesses and provides the ability to seamlessly expand a single volume up to 108TB on the fly.
RS3614RPxs supports up to 36 HDDs or SSDs for flexible capacity and balanced performance to meet the needs of varying applications and processes. When the storage capacity of RS3614RPxs nears its limit, expansion is easily accomplished with Synology RX1214RP via specially-designed connection cables to maximize data transmission throughput between main server and expansion units.
Management of the large storage space on RS3614RPxs is simple and flexible. Multiple Volumes on RAID allows users to create more than one volume on a RAID structure, providing a flexible and efficient way to manage the storage across all hard drives. When the need for more space arises, the volume could be easily expanded without
any service disruption.
Comprehensive Business Applications
Powered by the innovative Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM), RS3614RPxs comes fully-equipped with applications and features designed specifically for large-scale business:
- Easy integration with existing business network environments through Windows AD and LDAP directory services without recreating user accounts.
- Windows ACL support provides fine-grained access control and efficient privilege settings, allowing RS3614RPxs to fit seamlessly into current infrastructure.
- Built-in backup applications protect information assets by regularly backing up files and iSCSI LUNs locally and remotely.
- Continuous data protection with snapshots of shared folders allows restoration of previous versions when the need arises.
Reliability, Availability & Disaster Recovery
System reliability is of paramount importance to businesses which depend upon their commercial servers every day. RS3614RPxs responds to these concerns with wide-ranging availability and redundancy features:
- Synology High Availability ensures seamless transition between clustered servers in the event of server failure with minimal impact to applications.
- Shared Folder Sync replicates data in real-time to another Synology NAS at a remote location for prompt disaster recovery to meet the Recovery Time Objective (RTO) of your business.
- Redundant power supplies (RS3614RPxs only), system fans, and network ports with failover support ensure continual service uptime.
- High reliability system design including fan-less CPU heat-sink and passive cooling technology prevents single point of failure.
- ECC RAM modules detect and correct errors during data transmission.
- Tool-free system fan design allows hot swap and easy exchange of malfunctioned system fans. With Synology RKS1314 screwless rail kit sliding (Purchased Separately), system installation and maintenance is fast and easy.
Unified Storage System
By integrating file-level (NAS) and block-level (SAN) storage into one unified storage system, RS3614RPxs enables businesses to cost-effectively manage multi-protocol data and reduce total cost of ownership:
- Comprehensive network protocol support (CIFS/SMB, AFP and NFS) ensures seamless file sharing across Windows, Mac, and Linux platforms.
- Affordable and cost-effective iSCSI allows large scale business to consolidate storage into data center storage arrays.
- Thin provisioning, available for file-level iSCSI LUN, maximizes storage utilization by enabling administrators to oversubscribe provision and grow storage space as needed.
RS3614RPxs provides seamless storage solutions for virtualization environments, including VMware, Citrix, and Hyper-V. With VMware vSphere 5 and VAAI integration certified, RS3614RPxs helps offload specific storage operations and optimizes computation power for unparalleled performance and efficiency in VMware environments.
As the centralized storage of a virtual environment, RS3614RPxs enables virtual machine migration, allowing movement from server to server whilst eliminating service downtime and disruption to user. Windows Offloaded Data Transfer (ODX) and Synology Advanced LUN support extremely improves the efficiency on massive data transfer
*1) Tested with 4 X 10 GbE connections using VLAN and fully loaded with Intel 520 Series 240GB 2.5" SSD. Performance may vary depending on the environment.
*2) RS3614RPxs supports up to two Synology RX1214RP, purchased separately.
*3) Available in selected countries only. For detailed terms and conditions, please visit the Synology Replacement Service (SRS) website.
|Highlights||Synology RS3614RPxs 12-bay NAS Server, Intel i3 Dual Core Processor (3.4 GHz), 4GB (2GB x 2) DDR3 ECC Memory, VMware, Citrix, and Microsoft Hyper-V certified, 2.5"/3.5" SATA HDD & 2.5" SSD Support, SATA III 6Gb/s interface support, Quad 10GbE support with Dual PCIe slots, Redundant Power Supply Unit (RS3614RPxs only), Ultra-high performance of 3,518 MB/s throughput and 282,660 IOPS, 5-year limited warranty, RS3614RPxs provides the reliable and ultra-high performance network attached storage solution for large scale businesses that require an efficient way to centralize data protection, simplify data management, deploy virtualization solutions, and rapidly expand storage capacity with minimal time spent on setup and maintenance.|
|CPU Model||Intel Core i3|
|CPU Frequency||Dual Core 3.4 GHz|
|Hardware Encryption Engine||Yes|
|System Memory||4 GB DDR3 ECC|
|Memory Module Pre-installed||2 GB X 2|
|Total Memory Slots||4|
|Memory Expandable up to||32 GB (8 GB X 4)|
|Max. Drive Bays with Expansion Unit||36|
|Drive Type||•3.5" SATA(III) / SATA(II) HDD|
•2.5" SATA(III) / SATA(II) HDD
•2.5" SATA(III) / SATA(II) SSD
|Max. Internal Capacity||72 TB (6 TB HDD X 12) (Capacity may vary by RAID types)|
|Hot Swappable Drive||Yes|
|USB 2.0 Port||2|
|USB 3.0 Port||2|
|Size (Height X Width X Depth)||88 mm X 445 mm X 570 mm (for RP model)|
|Weight||15.4 kg (for RP model)|
|LAN Number (RJ45)||Gigabit X 4 (supports 2 X optional dual-port 10GbE add-on card)|
|Wake on LAN/WAN||Yes|
|System Fan||80 mm X 80 mm X 4 pcs|
|Easy Replacement System Fan||Yes|
|Wireless Support (dongle)||Yes|
|Noise Level||42.2 dB(A) (for RP model)|
|Scheduled Power On/Off||Yes|
|Power Supply Unit / Adapter||2 X 400W (for RP model)|
|AC Input Power Voltage||100V to 240V AC|
|Power Frequency||50/60 HZ, Single Phase|
|Power Consumption||140.7W (Access) 56.7W (HDD Hibernation) 158W (Access, for RP model) 67.4W (HDD Hibernation, for RP model)|
|Redundant Power Supply (for xs+ and RP model)||Yes|
|Operating Temperature||5°C to 35°C (40°F to 95°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-20°C to 60°C (-5°F to 140°F)|
|Relative Humidity||5% to 95% RH|
|Certification||•FCC Class A|
•CE Class A
•BSMI Class A
|Max File System Size||108 TB|
|Max Internal Volume Number||1024|
|Max iSCSI Target Number||64|
|Max iSCSI LUN||512|
|iSCSI LUN Clone/Snapshot, Windows ODX||Yes|
|Supported RAID Type||•Synology Hybrid RAID|
|RAID Migration||•Basic to RAID 1|
•Basic to RAID 5
•RAID 1 to RAID 5
•RAID 5 to RAID 6
|Volume Expansion with Larger HDDs||•Synology Hybrid RAID|
|Volume Expansion by Adding a HDD||•Synology Hybrid RAID|
|Global Hot Spare Supported RAID Type||•Synology Hybrid RAID|
|SSD Read/Write Cache||Yes|
|File Sharing Capacity|
|Max User Accounts||16000|
|Max Shared Folder||512|
|Max Shared Folder Sync Tasks||16|
|Max Concurrent CIFS/AFP/FTP Connections||1024|
|Windows Access Control List (ACL) Integration||Yes|
|NFS Kerberos Authentication||Yes|
|Syslog Events per Second||3000|
|VMware vSphere 5 with VAAI||Yes|
|Windows Server 2012||Yes|
|Notes||•Performance figures could vary on different environments.|
•The Max File System size (or the Max Volume size) doesn't equal to the Max Internal Capacity, which is limited by the aggregated space of installed drives.
|Antivirus by McAfee (Trial)||Yes|
|Central Management System||Yes|
|CIFS Scale-Out Cluster||Yes|
|Maximum Concurrent File Transfers||1024|
|Maximum Concurrent Download Tasks||Yes|
|Max IP cam (Licenses required)||75 (including 2 Free License)|
|Total FPS (H.264)||2250 FPS @ 720p (1280x800)|
650 FPS @ 1080p (1920×1080)
450 FPS @ 3M (2048x1536)
200 FPS @ 5M (2591x1944)
|Total FPS (MJPEG)||600 FPS @ 720p (1280x800)|
240 FPS @ 1080p (1920×1080)
150 FPS @ 3M (2048x1536)
150 FPS @ 5M (2591x1944)
|Maximum Task Number||16|
|Video Transcoding||Group 1|
|3rd Party Packages||Yes|
|Notes||•Surveillance Station throughput is tested with Axis M1054 (1280X800); FPS set to 10 at every channel; Compression rate: 30%; Video Codec: MJPEG, H.264; Recording Type is conducted with Motion Detection Recording (By camera) and Continuous Recording; Actual performance may vary depending on camera settings and DiskStation loading.|
|Environment & Packaging|
|Packaging Content||•Main Unit X 1|
•Welcome Note X 1
•Accessory Pack X 1
•AC Power Cord X 1
•AC Power Cord X 2 (for RP model)
•Camera License Pack
•4GB ECC RAM Module
•8GB ECC RAM Module
•Expansion Unit: RX1214RP X 2
•Synology RKS1314 - Rail Kit Sliding