Synology RS3614xs+ 12-bay RackStation NAS w / Redundant Power Supplies
In StockNew5 Year
- Drive Bay(s)
- 4-Bay (Rackmount)12-Bay (Rackmount)
- Dual Core 2.13 GHz (Atom D2700)Quad Core 2.4 GHz (Atom C2538)Dual Core 3.4 GHz (Core i3-4130)Quad Core 3.3 GHz (Xeon E3-1230 v2)
- Quad Gigabit LAN (Link Aggregation / Failover Support)
- PCIe x8 Slot(s) for 10GbE Network Card
- Power Protection
- NoneRedundant Power Supply
Versatile Storage Solution Fitted for Performance
Synology RackStation RS3614xs+ provides the reliable, superior-performance network attached storage solution for enterprises seeking uninterrupted service with comprehensive business applications. Scalable up to 144TB, Synology RackStation RS3614xs+ simplifies data management, optimizes virtualization environments, and rapidly expands storage capacity with minimal time investment in setup and maintenance. Synology RS3614xs+ is backed with Synology's 5-year limited warranty.
- Blazing performance at over 3,200 MB/s throughput and 620,000 IOPS 1*
- Superior encryption acceleration with AES New Instructions at over 3,200 MB/s 1*
- Scale up to 36 HDDs with Synology RX1214/RX1214RP
- SATA III 6Gb/s interface support
- Dual PCIe slots for dual-port 10GbE NIC support
- Easy fan replacement and easy installation with optional screwless rail kit
- VMware, Citrix, and Microsoft Hyper-V certified
- SSD Cache Technology boosts throughput
- High Availability and Disaster Recovery solutions
- Running on Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM)
RS3614xs+ delivers blazing performance at over 3,200 MB/s throughput and 620,000 IOPS under RAID 5 configuration with VLAN1. Through advanced flash technology, the combination of hard drives and read-optimized SSD cache boosts throughput efficiently while minimizing cost per gigabyte. In addition, RS3614xs+ comes with native SATA III 6Gb/s support that unleashes the full potential of blazing fast SSDs, ensuring the optimum data process under heavy system loading.
In addition to default 4 Gigabit ports, RS3614xs+ comes with dual PCI Express Gen3 x8 slots, allowing installation of dual 10GbE Network Interface Cards (NIC)for maximized bandwidth, bringing you the superior performance that data-intensive applications demand of your storage system.
Equipped with 8GB RAM and up to 32GB ECC RAM expansion support, RS3614xs+ ensures data accuracy as well as superior performance to provide a rigorous foundation for the mission-critical tasks of your business.
Comprehensive Business Applications
Powered by the innovative Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM), RS3614xs+ comes fully-equipped with applications and features designed specifically for large-scale business:
- Easy integration with existing business network environments through Windows® AD and LDAP directory services without recreating user accounts.
- Windows ACL support provides fine-grained access control and efficient privilege settings, allowing RS3614xs+ to fit seamlessly into current infrastructure.
- Built-in backup applications protect information assets by regularly backing up files and iSCSI LUNs locally and remotely.
- Continuous data protection with snapshots of shared folders allows restoration of previous versions when the need arises.
- Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) on shared folders with hardware acceleration ensures security without compromising access performance, providing over 3,200MB/s in reading.
With 12 HDD trays and up to 144TB of total storage capacity2, RS3614xs+ is designed to grow with businesses and provides the ability to seamlessly expand a single volume up to 108TB on the fly.
RS3614xs+ supports up to 36 HDDs or SSDs for flexible capacity and balanced performance to meet the needs of varying applications and processes. When the storage capacity of RS3614xs+ nears it limit, expansion is easily accomplished with Synology RX1214/RX1214RP via specially-designed connection cables to maximize data transmission throughput between main server and expansion units.
Management of the large storage space on RS3614xs+ is simple and flexible. Multiple Volumes on RAID allows users to create more than one volume on a RAID structure, providing a flexible and efficient way to manage the storage across all hard drives. When the need for more space arises, the volume could be easily expanded without any service disruption.
Reliability, Availability & Disaster Recovery
System reliability is of paramount importance to businesses which depend upon their commercial servers every day. RS3614xs+ responds to these concerns with wide-ranging availability and redundancy features:
- Synology High Availability ensures seamless transition between clustered servers in the event of server failure with minimal impact to applications.
- Shared Folder Sync replicates data in real-time to another Synology NAS at a remote location for prompt disaster recovery to meet the Recovery Time Objective (RTO) of your business.
- Redundant data paths, power supplies, system fans, and network ports with failover support ensure continual service uptime.
- High reliability system design including fan-less CPU heat-sink and passive cooling technology prevents single point of failure.
- ECC RAM modules detect and correct errors during data transmission.
- Tool-free system fan design allows hot swap and easy exchange of malfunctioned system fans. With the brand-new screwless rail kit sliding: Synology RKS1314 (optional), system installation and maintenance is fast and easy.
Unified Storage System
By integrating file-level (NAS) and block-level (SAN) storage into one unified storage system, RS3614xs+ enables businesses to cost-effectively manage multi-protocol data and reduce total cost of ownership:
- Comprehensive network protocol support (CIFS/SMB, AFP and NFS) ensures seamless file sharing across Windows, Mac, and Linux platforms.
- Affordable and cost-effective iSCSI allows large scale business to consolidate storage into data center storage arrays.
- Thin provisioning, available for file-level iSCSI LUN, maximizes storage utilization by enabling administrators to oversubscribe provision and grow storage space as needed.
RS3614xs+ provides seamless storage solutions for virtualization environments, including VMware, Citrix, and Hyper-V. With VMware vSphere 5 and VAAI integration certified, RS3614xs+ helps offload specific storage operations and optimizes computation power for unparalleled performance and efficiency in VMware environments. As the centralized storage of a virtual environment, RS3614xs+ enables virtual machine migration, allowing movement from server to server whilst eliminating service downtime and disruption to user. Windows Offloaded Data Transfer (ODX) and Synology Advanced LUN support extremely improves the efficiency on massive data transfer and migration.
1.Tested with 4 X 10 GbE connections using VLAN and fully loaded with Intel 520 Series 240GB 2.5" SSD. Performance may vary depending on the environment.
2.RS3614xs+ supports up to two Synology RX1214/RX1214RP, purchased separately.
DiskStation Manager(DSM) is an intuitive web-based operating system found on every DiskStation and RackStation. It’s been designed to help you manage your data: documents, photos, music, videos and all other important forms of data. With DiskStation Manager, it’s more than just storing data. DSM offers a host of applications and services to bring more entertainment to your home life as well as better productivity at work.
Featuring a top-notch private cloud solution, DSM allows you to easily synchronize data across your devices, without relying on an expensive third-party provider. It’s your own private cloud.
Easy to use
DSM comes with unique multitasking user interface to help you better manage your data. DSM has also simplified the NAS configuration process, for users without much network knowledge.
With the feature-rich Package Center, DSM offers a wide array of packages allowing you to do more with your data, straight from your NAS. It’s easy to install or uninstall new features, whether they are from Synology or a third-party developer.
DSM has been optimized to be displayed on any kind of device. In addition, DSM offers many free mobile apps for iOS, Android and Windows phones and tablets.
DSM for Home
Synology storage devices connect your entire home by allowing you to stream your multimedia, share files, and backup your PC, Mac, or Linux computers. DSM makes it easy to enjoy your digital contents on all the devices you already have: your computers, mobile devices, TV, DLNA devices, and stereos. Now you can share your digital life with family and friends, while keeping it all stored in one single place.
DSM for Business
Synology’s business line of storage solutions have been designed to help you manage your company’s digital assets, using enterprise features that used to be exclusive to expensive SAN solutions. DSM offers features like High Availability and full virtualization support, all at an affordable price, as well as seamless integration with your existing infrastructure, with complete support for Active Directory and LDAP. There is a suite of added-value packages to facilitate business daily life, flexible administrative options, as well as tools to secure your DiskStation and valuable data.
|Highlights||Synology RS3614xs+ 12-bay NAS Server, Intel Xeon E3 Quad-Core Processor (3.3 GHz), 8GB (4GB x 2) DDR3 ECC Memory, VMware, Citrix, and Microsoft Hyper-V certified, 2.5" & 3.5" SATA HDD Support, SATA III 6Gb/s interface support, Dual PCIe slots for dual-port 10GbE NIC support, Synology RackStation RS3614xs+ provides the reliable, superior-performance network attached storage solution for enterprises seeking uninterrupted service with comprehensive business applications.|
|CPU Model||Intel Xeon E3|
|CPU Frequency||Quad Core 3.3 GHz|
|Hardware Encryption Engine||Yes|
|System Memory||8 GB DDR3 ECC|
|Memory Module Pre-installed||4 GB X 2|
|Total Memory Slots||4|
|Memory Expandable up to||32 GB (8 GB X 4)|
|Max. Drive Bays with Expansion Unit||36|
|Drive Type||•3.5" SATA(III) / SATA(II) HDD|
•2.5" SATA(III) / SATA(II) HDD
•2.5" SATA(III) / SATA(II) SSD
|Max. Internal Capacity||48 TB (4 TB HDD X 12) (Capacity may vary by RAID types)|
|Hot Swappable Drive||Yes|
|USB 2.0 Port||2|
|USB 3.0 Port||2|
|Size (Height X Width X Depth)||88 mm X 445 mm X 570 mm|
|LAN Number (RJ45)||Gigabit X 4 (supports 2 X optional dual-port 10GbE add-on card)|
|Wake on LAN/WAN||Yes|
|System Fan||80 mm X 80 mm X 4 pcs|
|Easy Replacement System Fan||Yes|
|Wireless Support (dongle)||Yes|
|Noise Level||42.2 dB(A)|
|Scheduled Power On/Off||Yes|
|Power Supply Unit / Adapter||2 X 500W|
|AC Input Power Voltage||100V to 240V AC|
|Power Frequency||50/60 HZ, Single Phase|
|Power Consumption||174W (Access)|
82W (HDD Hibernation)
|Redundant Power Supply (for RP model)||Yes|
|Operating Temperature||5°C to 35°C (40°F to 95°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-10°C to 70°C (15°F to 155°F)|
|Relative Humidity||5% to 95% RH|
|Maximum Operating Altitude||6,500 feet|
|Certification||•FCC Class A|
•CE Class A
•BSMI Class A
|Max File System Size||108 TB|
|Max Internal Volume Number||1024|
|Max iSCSI Target Number||128|
|Max iSCSI LUN||512|
|iSCSI LUN Clone/Snapshot, Windows ODX||Yes|
|Supported RAID Type||•Synology Hybrid RAID|
|RAID Migration||•Basic to RAID 1|
•Basic to RAID 5
•RAID 1 to RAID 5
•RAID 5 to RAID 6
|Volume Expansion with Larger HDDs||•Synology Hybrid RAID|
|Volume Expansion by Adding a HDD||•Synology Hybrid RAID|
|Global Hot Spare Supported RAID Type||•RAID 1|
|SSD Read Cache||Yes|
|File Sharing Capacity|
|Max User Accounts||4096|
|Max Shared Folder||512|
|Max Shared Folder Sync Tasks||32|
|Max Concurrent CIFS/AFP/FTP Connections||1024|
|Windows Access Control List (ACL) Integration||Yes|
|NFS Kerberos Authentication||Yes|
|VMware vSphere 5 with VAAI||Yes|
|Windows Server 2012||Yes|
|Notes||•Performance figures could vary on different environments.|
•The Max File System size (or the Max Volume size) doesn't equal to the Max Internal Capacity, which is limited by the aggregated space of installed drives.
|Antivirus by McAfee||Yes|
|Maximum Concurrent File Transfers||1024|
|Maximum Concurrent Download Tasks||Yes|
|Max IP cam (Licenses required)||80 (including 1 Free License)|
|Total FPS (H.264)||2400 FPS @ 720p (1280x800)|
960 FPS @ 1080p (1920×1080)
500 FPS @ 5M (2591x1944)
|Syslog Events per Second||3000|
|Maximum Task Number||16|
|Video Transcoding||Group 1|
|3rd Party Packages||Yes|
|Notes||•Surveillance Station throughput is tested with Axis M1054 (1280X800); FPS set to 10 at every channel; Compression rate: 30%; Video Codec: MJPEG, H.264; Recording Type is conducted with Motion Detection Recording (By camera) and Continuous Recording; Actual performance may vary depending on camera settings and DiskStation loading.|
|Environment & Packaging|
|Packaging Content||•Main Unit X 1|
•Welcome Note X 1
•Accessory Pack X 1
•AC Power Cord X 2
•Camera License Pack
•4GB ECC RAM Module
•8GB ECC RAM Module
•Expansion Unit: RX1214/RX1214RP X 2
•Synology RKS1314 - Rail Kit Sliding