AMD FirePro V5900 100-505843 (100-505648) 2GB GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x 16 Workstation Graphics Card
Not In StockNew3 Year
The perfect balance of performance and power in a single-slot solution.
Introducing the new AMD FirePro V5900 professional graphics card – a mid-range professional graphics solution using AMD’s newest generation of graphics architecture. Finding the perfect balance of performance and power in the mid-range segment, the AMD FirePro V5900 offers the reliability, compatibility, and speed that professionals have come to expect without breaking the budget.
The AMD FirePro V5900 graphics card is powered by many exciting new features and technologies. Under the hood is a new generation GPU, backed by 512 Stream Processors and 2GB of blazing-fast GDDR5 memory. AMD’s ultra-parallel processing architecture helps maximize throughput by dynamically directing graphics horsepower where it’s needed, allowing you to create at the speed of thought.
With AMD Eyefi nity technology support of up to three independent and simultaneous displays from one graphics card1, the AMD FirePro V5900 graphics card will boost your productivity without the need for confusing and expensive multi-GPU setups. The AMD FirePro V5900 has two DisplayPort outputs and one dual-link DVI output built in, and with the use of the included active adapter, multiple DVI-powered displays are also supported out of the box. Furthermore, AMD Eyefi nity technology is not limited by the display manufacturer. It is fl exibly confi gured regardless of the brand of monitor you’re using, allowing you to mix and match your display setup with ease. With three monitors to spread your work across, you can be more productive than ever.
Why stop at three monitors? With the included AMD CrossFireTM Pro connector and a second AMD FirePro V5900 card in one system, a total of six simultaneous and independent displays could be used from one workstation4,5. The output functionalities of the AMD FirePro V5900 offer an unprecedented digital signage solution at a third of the cost of other multi-monitor setups.
AMD FirePro professional graphics cards are thoroughly tested and certifi ed with major Computer Aided Design (CAD) and Digital Content Creation (DCC) applications, ensuring a level of reliability not found in consumer graphics products.
Innovation and Reliability from a Technology Leader
AMD FirePro accelerators have been engineered to deliver innovation and reliability for a wide range of professional operating environments, including Windows® 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista and Linux. The unifi ed driver, which supports all AMD FirePro workstation products, helps reduce the total cost of ownership by simplifying installation, deployment and maintenance.
New for this generation of AMD FirePro products is AMD PowerTune technology. This state-of-the-art power management technology provides direct control over GPU power usage. Applications enjoy ultimate performance with dynamic clock optimization, while keeping your workstation energy-conscious and helping to conserve electricity when it isn’t needed.
In addition, AMD FirePro products incorporate a unique AutoDetect technology. As users open new 3D applications, or move between them, optimized AMD FirePro graphics driver settings are automatically confi gured for maximum performance, no matter what the user’s workfl ow demands.
- Outstanding performance for the 3D mid-range market
- Supports three independent displays with AMD Eyefi nity technology
- 2GB of high speed GDDR5 memory
- Parallel processing architecture featuring 512 stream processors
- GeometryBoost technology provides ultra-high geometry performance
- AMD PowerTune technology dynamically optimizes GPU power use
- AutoDetect Technology dynamically optimizes performance for multiapplication workflow
- Optimized and certifi ed for many CAD and DCC applications
- Full DirectX 11 and OpenGL 4.1 support
- PCI Express 2.1 compliant
Features and Benefits
- AMD Eyefinity Technology – With the revolutionary multi-display technology, the AMD FirePro V5900 supports three independent displays, delivering the most immersive graphics/computing experience with innovative display capabilities supporting massive desktop workspaces.
- GeometryBoost Technology - Unleash your creativity with the new hardware architecture that provides ultra-high geometry performance and ensures smooth handling of complex models.
- AMD PowerTune Technology – State of the art power management technology that provides direct control over GPU power usage.
- DisplayPort 1.2 – Support for the newest DisplayPort standard adds exciting new features such as high bit-rate audio, higher data bandwidth, and multi-streaming capabilities.
- AutoDetect Technology - As a user moves between applications, or opens new ones, the graphics driver settings are automatically configured for optimized performance.
- Full 30-bit Display Pipeline – Enables more color values than 24-bit products for more accurate color reproduction and superior visual fidelity.
- Full Shader Model 5.0 Support – Helps create highly complex geometry and scenes without taxing the CPU.
- Certification – Ensure compatibility, reliability and the highest level of performance when used with professional 3D software packages.
- DirectX 11 and OpenGL 4.1 Advanced Features – Enables optimal performance in leading applications.
- OpenCL 1.1 – Industry standard API – Open, multiplatform development platform to help enable broad adoption of heterogeneous computing.
General Brand AMD Model 100-505843 (100-505648) Highlights AMD FirePro V5900 100-505843 (100-505648) Workstation Graphics Card, Stream Processors: 512, Memory Interface: 256-bit, Memory Size: 2GB GDDR5, Bandwidt: 64 GB/s, Graphics Bus: PCI Express 2.1 x16, CrossFire Pro Supported. GPU Stream Processors 512 Memory Interface 256-bit Memory Size/Type 2GB GDDR5 Bandwidth 64 GB/s Display Outputs DisplayPort 2 Standard Dual-link DVI 1 Max Resolution 2560x1600 @ 60Hz API/Feature/OS Support DirectX 11 OpenGL 4.1 Shader Model 5.0 AMD Eyefinity Technology Support Yes AMD CrossFire Pro Support Yes Stream Computing Yes (OpenCL 1.1) OS Support Microsoft Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows, Vista, Linux 3 (32-bit or 64-bit) Thermal/Power/Form Factor Max Power <75 W Slots 1 Form Factor Full Height / Full Length Bus Interface PCI Express 2.1 x16 Additional Details System Requirements 512MB of system memory CD-ROM drive (or internet access) for software installation Windows 7 / XP / Windows Vista or Linux (32-bit or 64-bit)2 Available PCI Express x16 slot Retail Package Contents AMD FirePro V5900 professional graphics card Installation CD with drivers and documentation Quick Start Reference Guide 1x DisplayPort to Single-link active DVI adapter 1x AMD CrossFire Pro connection cable ISV Certifications Many major CAD and DCC applications Warranty and Support Three year limited product repair / replacement warranty Direct toll free phone and email access to dedicated workstation technical support team
Advanced parts replacement option