Seagate Surveillance HDD ST4000VX000 4TB 3.5" SATA 6Gb / s Hard Drive
829 In StockNew3 Year
Robust Surveillance Storage
The seventh-generation 6TB Seagate Surveillance HDD addresses the increasing need for high-resolution cameras and camera counts, and ensures cost-effective performance and durability in always-on surveillance systems.
- 6TB capacities support up to 16 drives and 32 cameras per system
- Precision-tuned for high write surveillance workloads
- Reliably performs in multi-drive systems with RAID support
- Rotational vibration sensors for reliable performance
- Customize power settings to best support motion-activated cameras with Idle 3 support
- Supplement backups with the Seagate Data Rescue Plan in the event of data loss or accident
Let's talk surveillance at ISCWest
Meet Product and Sales Directors too discuss the Seagate Surveillance portfolio and see our new NAS Pro 2/4/6 bay in action as a surveillance solution with cameras. Strategic customer meetings, show specials, daily prizes, and a grand-prize NAS. ISCWest, April 15 - 17th , Las Vegas, Seagate Booth 030111
Build Better Video Surveillance Systems
The Surveillance HDD features storage power for the latest video surveillance systems.
- Build scalable systems to support large streaming workloads with support for ATA streaming and up to 32 cameras
- Surveillance-optimized firmware improves drive reliability up to 30% and can reduce data loss
- Ready to work 24×7 supporting up to 400+ hours of high definition content
- 1M hours MTBF
- 3-year limited warranty
Surveillance HDD Delivers Reliability + Rescue Services
Surveillance HDDs are engineered for demanding surveillance systems. Should your data be lost, unintentionally deleted, or corrupted by viruses the data can be recovered with the new Seagate Rescue Services feature.
- The three year Rescue Service Plan recovers the data from your failed drive, whether due to mechanical failure or accidental damage
- Fast and easy recovery process - data can be restored in 15 days or less
- Seagate leads the industry in data recovery with a 90% success rate
Consistent Performance in Multi-Drive Systems
Improve your drive reliability with drives built for surveillance applications that include the flexibility to scale as your data grows.The addition of rotational vibration sensors allows the Surveillance HDD to maintain performance through system vibrations and support RAID configurations in the growing NVR and standalone - DVR segments.
- Choose options with RV sensors to allow drives to reliably perform in systems with up to 16 drives
- RV sensors in a RAID environment improve system vibration tolerance
- Support for up to 32 cameras recording in high definition
Improved Time-To-Ready So You Don't Miss a Frame
As drive technology evolves, so do the applications that leverage them. With improvements in motion-sensing cameras, the Surveillance HDD now includes settings that can ensure your drive is ready when your system needs to record.
- Idle 3 power setting allows immediate recording when motion sensing is detected in a camera
- Quick time-to-ready requires smaller system buffer sizes, reducing cost
Surveillance Hard Drives with Enterprise-Class Reliability
Surveillance HDDs are engineered for high write workloads and multiple video stream recording with these features:
- Industry-leading MTBF of >1M hours; AFR of <1%
- RV sensors for improved reliability and performance in multi-drive systems with RAID support
- 3-year limited warranty
General Brand Seagate Series Surveillance HDD Model ST4000VX000 Highlights Seagate Surveillance ST4000VX000 Hard Drive, 3.5" Form Factor, 4TB Capacity, 64MB Cache, 5900RPM Spindle Speed, SATA 6.0Gb/s Interface, 1M hours MTBF. Specifications Interface SATA 6Gb/s Cache 64MB Spindle Speed 5900RPM Bytes per Sector 4096 Surveillance Performance R/V (Rotational Vibration) Sensor Y Drive Bays Supported 1 to 16 Cameras Supported up to 32 Max Sustained Data Rate, OD Read 180 (MB/s) +Rescue Data Recovery Service 3-Year Option With +Rescue Model Y Voltage Voltage Tolerance, Including Noise (5V) ±5% Voltage Tolerance, Including Noise (12V) ±10% Power Management Startup Current, Average 1.8 (12V, A) Operating Mode, Typical 5.6 (W) Idle Average 4.0 (W) Standby Mode 0.5 (W) Sleep Mode 0.5 (W) Environmental Operating 0 (ambient, min °C) Operating 70 (drive case, max °C) Nonoperating -40 (ambient, min °C) Nonoperating 70 (ambient, max °C) Reliability Load/Unload Cycles 300,000 Nonrecoverable Read Errors per Bits Read, Max 1 per 10E14 Mean Time Between Failures 1M (MTBF, hours) Power-On Hours 8760 Warranty, Limited 3 (years) Physical Height 26.11/1.028 (mm/in) Width 101.6/4.0 (mm/in) Depth 146.99/5.787 (mm/in) Weight 610/1.345 (g/lb) Carton Unit Quantity 20 Cartons per Pallet 40 Cartons per Layer 8