Seagate Constellation.2 ST91000640NS 1TB 2.5" SATA 6.0Gb / s Enterprise Hard Drive
Not In StockNew5 Year
Seagate Constellation.2 drives are the most energy efficient enterprise drives on the market. Designed for enterprise robustness, Constellation.2 is available in capacities up to 1TB and offers reliable storage for high capacity servers and storage arrays in a minimal footprint.
Key Features and Benefits
- Industry’s first 2.5-inch 1TB capacity-optimized drive for dense, space-constrained data centers allows you to store twice as much data in the same footprint.
- Build highly efficient bulk storage solutions while lowering your power consumption costs
- Designed for robust 24x7 operation with a 1.4M hour mean-time-between-failure (MTBF) rating
- Best-in-class rotational vibration tolerance ensures unrivaled performance in high spindle-density applications, and multi-drive firmware maximizes system availability
- Choose from 6Gb/s SAS with improved data integrity, scalability and fastest data access or SATA 6Gb/s for economical 7200-RPM performance
- TCG- compliant, Self-Encrypting Drive (SED) security option cuts IT drive retirement expenses while securely protecting data*
- Storage-hungry business applications
- Storage area networks (SAN) and network attached storage (NAS)
- Maximum-capacity servers and blade servers
- Rich media content storage—audio, video, image
- Reference and compliance data storage
- Enterprise backup and restore—D2D, virtual tape
- Cloud computing
Deploy Additional Enterprise Storage Without Expanding Your Data Center
- The 1TB Seagate® Constellation.2™ drive maximizes utilization of your data center footprint by supporting up to 76TB per square foot.
Deploy a High-Capacity Enterprise Storage Solution That Lowers Energy Costs
- Operates at fewer than 6.4W on average—the lowest operating power in the industry—saving up to 41% over traditional 3.5-inch drives. Save up to 54% more energy with the PowerChoice™ technology feature.
- Small form factor design provides for improved system airflow and cooling
Improve the Uptime of Your Data Center and Lower Storage Management Costs
- The Constellation.2 enterprise drive features a mean-time-between-failures (MTBF) rating of 1.4M hours and an unmatched annualized failure rate (AFR) of 0.62% to deliver the industry’s highest level of reliability for a 24×7 7200-RPM nearline drive.
- Lower data management costs by deploying a secure and scalable tiered storage solution that leverages the performance and capacity of Seagate Savvio® (10K and 15K RPM) and Constellation.2 (7200 RPM) enterprise drives across the data center.
- The Seagate 3-Year Limited Warranty provides additional protection for your data center assets.
The Seagate Advantage
Based on over 30 years of Seagate enterprise experience, the Constellation.2 drive extends the industry’s best 2.5-inch, field-proven drives to include a high-capacity nearline drive. It offers the best combination of high capacities, power efficiency, nearline performance, enterprise-class reliability and data security. The Constellation.2 drive delivers on Seagate Unified Storage architecture for simplified storage: SAS (Serial Attached SCSI) maximizes performance and data integrity, SFF (Small Form Factor) optimizes energy efficiency while minimizing data center footprint, and SED (Self-Encrypting Drive) ensures government-grade data security while reducing drive retirement costs.
Designed for Your Business
The Constellation.2 drive, with its high-capacity and enterprise reliability, provides a sustainable solution for your expanding data storage needs. Designed to meet and exceed expectations of your power envelope, the Constellation.2 drive allows you to come in under budget. Ideally suited for use in both server and networked storage solutions in space-constrained IT environments, the Constellation.2 drive allows you to design small and deliver BIG.
General Brand Seagate Series Constellation.2 Model ST91000640NS Highlights Seagate Constellation.2 ST91000640NS Hard Drive, 2.5" Form Factor, 1TB Capacity, 64MB Cache, 7200RPM Spin Speed, SATA 6.0 Gb/s Interface, 24x7 Operation, 1.4M hour MTBF. Specifications Interface SATA 6Gb/s Cache 64MB Capacity 1TB Areal density (avg) 417Gb/in2 Guaranteed Sectors 1,953,525,168 Performance Spin Speed 7200 RPM Average latency 4.16ms Random read seek time 8.5ms Random write seek time 9.5ms I/O data transfer rate 600MB/s Unrecoverable read errors 1 in 1015 Reliability MTBF 1,400,000 hours Annual Failure Rate 0.62% Power 5V start max current 0.99A Average idle power 0.52W Average operating power 3.31W Average seek power 5.21W Ambient Temperature Operating 5°-60°C Nonoperating -40°-70°C Maximum operating temperature change 20°C per hour Maximum nonoperating temperature change 20°C per hour Shock Operating Shock (max) Read 70 / Write 40 Gs for 2ms Nonoperating Shock (max) 400 Gs for 2ms Acoustics Acoustics (Idle Volume) 2.2 bels Acoustics (Seek Volume) 2.8 bels Features Storage Type HDD Physical Height 14.8mm (0.583 in) Width 70mm (2.76 in) Length 100.5mm (3.957 in) Weight (typical) 200g (0.441 lb)